Friday, February 22, 2013

Old fashion bun

Claire had some great crimps left over in her hair from yesterdays Double Helix Braids, that I knew I had to do something with them.

I started by sectioning off most of the hair, leaving a couple inch panel at the bottom to make the braids from.  After clipping the upper hair up for the moment, split the bottom swatch in half and braid and secure two basic braids.  Then release the upper hair.  I then split off two side panels from the upper hair.  I secured the main middle section in a half pony tail.  Then I neatly crossed one side panel over the pony tail and secured with bobby pins, then the other so they come to a point at the pony tail.  Try to hide the bobby pins under hair so the don't show, I did alright on one side and a wiggle worm on the other hindered my bobby pin hiding skills for the other.  Oh, well. Then I grabbed all hair ends, from the pony tail and the side panels and added another elastic with the intents of making a pony bun (pulling the hair through half way the final time).  Now, take your two braids and wrap them around the elastic hiding the ends with bobby pins.  You can stop here, but I didn't like how the pony bun stuck out, so I grabbed two more bobby pins and pinned the barrel of the pony bun down on each side.

Well, not my most elaborate but, it went without any whining. So a win, right?  Next time I try this one I am going to use Claire's natural straight hair to helpfully get more definition in the side panel cross overs.  Let me know.  I'd love to see your versions.

Time: 5-10 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Hair length: Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment